We are looking for an awesome website developer/designer to join our team!
Calling all talented website designers and developers with a passion for crafting exceptional WordPress websites and building cohesive online experiences. We’re looking for an experienced and confident website designer and/or developer to join the team. If this sounds like you keep reading…
We are a small boutique web studio, providing managed web services to clients right around Australia. Joining our small team, you will get to be an active member across any and all projects from client introductions through to product launch and beyond. As an active member of the team you will have the opportunity to help shape and grow the business.
Some of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Producing creative designs and mockups of website and other collateral.
- Planning projects and preparing wireframes, site maps and user flow diagrams.
- Performing maintenance and care on websites, including troubleshooting, optimisations and routine updates.
- Coding and developing plugins and themes.
- Extending and editing existing WordPress websites, using page builders, configuring plugins and settings, updating content.
- Chatting with clients, discussing projects with leads, preparing briefs and proposals.
The ideal designer/developer will have a good combination of the following attributes and skills:
- Deep understanding of WordPress core system and WooCommerce.
- Skilled at coding in HTML, CSS and PHP, and a reasonable understanding of JS.
- Great communication skills, particularly when communicating to people who are less technically inclined.
- Master problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Be able to take a website from a concept to a creative, seamlessly functioning experience.
- Taking initiative to look beyond the task or problem and provide the best solution possible.
- Adept ability to learn and adapt to new practices, technologies and tasks.
- Confidence to communicate your thoughts, and perspectives on matters
While experience and skill are important for the role, we don’t expect you to have all of the experiences and attributes listed above. Your passion and drive to learn and grow, both as a member of the team and as expert in the industry is far more important.
If you’re our new superstar website designer you will be able to show off your creativity and technical skills with an awesome portfolio. Professional experience is great, but having solid skills in all the fundamental areas and the thirst to learn more will be absolutely necessary for you to be successful in the role.
The position is part time 2-3 days per week based in Devonport with the possibility to work from home, and the potential for the position to expand.
Don’t be shy! If you think you could be the next great addition to our team then we want to hear from you. Send us your resume, portfolio and anything else that will show us how awesome you are below!